Saturday, August 30, 2008

Jesslyn's First Day of School




Jesslyn had a great first week of school. She loves her teacher and has some of her kindergarten friends in her class. The first day was an emotional day for me. I dropped her off and didn't want to leave. I was looking for an excuse to stay for a few more minutes until I knew she was going to be okay. I went home and wondered all day what she was doing at that moment. I waited for 3 o'clock to roll around, only to pick her up and have her tell me she didn't even think about me because she was having too much fun! Needless to say, it was a lot harder on me than it was on her.

3 comments:

Naticia said...

These pictures are so precious I got teary eyed just thinking about that little girl that used to come do her work with me in my office in Fort Collins. If this can happen so fast to her than I know it will be Shelby soon. I should know better than to blog just after putting my makeup on cause now I messed it all up.

Mikasa said...

I got teary eyed too, but I blamed it on pregnancy, anyways, the pictures are precious, she is SO BIG!!

shaylaglover said...

I can't believe it.... I come to your blog to see the celebration of your big accomplishment and it is nowhere to be found...but I kinda figured you wouldn't announce it to the world...because that just isn't you. well i will announce it for you. The skinniest member of the Mortensen family won the biggest loser challenge!!!! How that happens I don't know...oh wait I do..the rest of us didn't put down the cookies!! Haha congrats you deserved the win much more than the rest of us slackers. Oh and Jesslyn's pics of her first day of school are precious....all you need is my hormonal sisters reminding you that your baby girl is getting so big...they just might spread their tears around!